Date: the date is TBD
Time: 9:30 - 11:30
No fee. Max attendees is 20
Please pre-register here by sending an email with intent.
If you like, you may attend the Maple Producers Meeting starting at 8 am.
*Introduction, history of maple production
* Planning your operation: time & cost consid-
erations, purchasing equipment
* Tree health and management: species to
tap, tree health issues, managing forest
trees vs. roadside trees
*Why, when and how sap flows
*The tapping process
* Collection & storage of sap
* Types of collection systems
* Tubing materials, layout, maintenance &
* Filtering and handling to maintain quality
* Syrup production
* Evaporator function, design, operation
* Finishing standard density syrup
*Filtering, grading, packaging
* Marketing your products
Field session: we will tour the ag center's sugarhouse.